Last year approximately 975 volunteers gave an estimated 12,000 hours of service to CCVI as board members, committee members, classroom aides, tour guides, speakers and by assisting at events. Without these volunteers and their generous gifts of time and talent, CCVI would not be able to offer CCVI children and their families the quality education they deserve.
CCVI hopes that you will consider joining this corps of committed volunteers. We can promise you that your effort will benefit both the children and you.
Opportunities at the Center
- Assist a CCVI classroom teacher as a classroom aide.
- Substitute as a classroom aide, assist with a mailing or serve on the CCVI Speakers' Bureau.
- Share your talent (art, music, sport, hobby) with CCVI students by visiting a classroom.
- Become a member of the 20/20 Club (formerly the Friends of CCVI and CCVI Young Friends), which plan and execute many fundraising events for the school.
CCVI welcomes help from young volunteers in our classrooms, during evening Parent Group meetings and at special events. Because of the young age of our students, CCVI has set the age limit for volunteers working in the classrooms at 14 years old.
Trolley Run Opportunities
- Take a leadership role on a committee that plans and puts on the Trolley Run
- Serve as a Trolley Run committee member
- Help with Packet Pick-up
- Register runners the weekend of the run
- Monitor the course during the run (must be 16 years old)
- Serve at the After-Bash following the run
- Help with the Kids' Run that follows the adult run
Did you know …
CCVI raises almost 20 percent of our budget through special events. We are always looking for new one-time or annual fundraising opportunities. Bring us your new ideas for store openings, entertainment events, movie premieres, etc., or join us for the next Trolley Run.